Saturday, November 21, 2009

C_O Nuptials in the Beginning Phases

I told myself that since I'm more of a digital rather than paper (plus my attempts to "paperless" to do my part for the environment) I'd blog about my planning experiences for mine and Charlie's wedding.

Charlie and I haven't done too much wedding talk yet because the wedding is so far away (did I mention the date yet? 10/8/11) but we are talking about the things I know take a long time to get. Even though we haven't started planning in full swing yet, it's definitely "Commitment Central" around my family and friends. Charlie and I have been searching for a house for the past few months and are hoping to find one soon. Finding a property that we could call ours means so much to us because it's our first real step toward our future. It's definitely a turning point for both of our lives.

That being said, I've already put my wedding book together with a list of all the necessary checklists and budget sheets, I've hired one of my coordinators, Eder, to be my wedding planner, and I've started on the guest list. It's so weird to be on the receiving end of all these documents. And I'll be the first to admit: IT'S NOT EASY BEING A BRIDE. I've known that for the get-go, but I'm really starting to realize it now. As a planner, all I did was give my clients lists, guidance, advice, and ideas. I'd chat with them every week or so to check on them and help them with research. But I've never had to make the decisions, and do all the nitty-gritty.

Charlie is in semi-wedding mode too, he kindly designed our logo for the wedding (and I didn't even have to ask him to). To read more about his design, check out one of my past Fancy Friday posts: Creating an Identity.


So for now, what's on the agenda? Priority #1: House hunting. I want to be settled in by summer of 2010 so that I have time to work and start planning. Priority #2: Engagement Party. We're planning a casual engagement party for 10/8/2010. It'll be a nice way to get the wedding festivities going. Priority #3: Enjoy our time as an engaged couple. Enough said. :)