Thursday, November 19, 2009

Bridal Showplace, Hilton Pasadena

In collaboration with my family's bakery, Ninong's Pastries and Cafe, my aunt, my mom, and I were exhibitors at the Bridal Showplace Show at the Hilton Pasadena this past Sunday. It's been a long time since I've done a bridal show but this show was a lot of fun!

The weeks prior to the show were definitely hectic. On top of preparing for both booths, I was trying to not only juggle my work at the shop but also my coordinating business. My mind was racing with ideas and I really wanted to make both booths scream creativity.


The Ninong's booth had 3 cakes that I prepared, all 3 with a different design. The first was an all white 4-tier made of fondant (left). Every other tier had a hand-ruffled pieces while the other 2 tiers were a simple fondant covering with an elegant drape going from one side to the other. Finish it off with coordinating brooches and you're done! The second was a 3 tier ivory fondant with green accents (right). The simple piping design was meant to be elegant , not taking too much attention away from the design of the cake. To give the the cake height, I added a cylinder vase and added some battery powered candles to give it some flair. The main attraction of the booth, our brown and white brocade piece (middle). This 5-tier topped with large white gerber daisies was made of chocolate brown fondant and white royal icing to give it its bold, unique look.

I wanted to do so many things with my space. I had so many ideas and I couldn't decide on which one to do. So, I decided to make the most of my space and do it all.


I wanted to create different tablescapes with 6 different concepts. So since I didn't have the room to do that, I made miniatures. The first was a tropical/beach theme with a modern flair. The second was an orange and red "country" theme. The third, a vintage old rose/dark purple. Fourth - a modern/bold black, white, and green. Fifth - a simple yellow, ivory and lavender color scheme. And sixth, in the corner of my booth (but still surprisingly got lots of attention) an all while glamorous table scape filled with candles, an all white centerpiece, and beautiful flatware and dinner set that speaks for itself.

This was definitely a learning experience. Things have changed in the few years that I've been in the wedding business. This was the best response I've had at a show to date. Thank you to everyone that visited our booths! We hope you enjoyed what you saw and will be working with you soon!

1 comment:

iJIGGAJOHN said...

love the cakes. haha, glad to say i had a "say" on the middle cake :]