Tuesday, November 24, 2009

DIY: Doable or Unrealistic?

I always get asked this question. Since I'm a wedding planner, do I believe in Do-It-Yourself projects? Answer: ABSOLUTELY! As long as you have the time and commit to the projects. In every single wedding I've done, there has been some degree of DIY. Some people make their own invitations, decorations, centerpieces, linen overlays, etc. and I love that part of the planning. Not only is it a challenge, but it's also a chance for us to get creative.

Here are some past DIY projects I've done with my clients:

D&G Invites. To learn more about their invites, check out my past blog post about them. Photo on right by Ja Tecson Photography.

Whitney and Dustin's Table Card Names. They were a very hands-on couple and I loved that so much about them. We also came up with this wine bottle candelabra idea that went on every table as well as their sweetheart table to reinforce their Venetian Theme. Photos by Mollie Jane Photography.

Noel and Beverly's Wedding Favors. Their wedding was so much fun! Not to mention, it was in Hawaii that made it that much more spectacular. Check out these cool favors they made to go with there Hawaiian wedding, complete with a personal letter to their guests and edible ground up green mints for the sand! Photo by Ja Tecson Photography.

No comments: