Saturday, July 18, 2009

A Dreamer's Guide to Life

So, ever since The New Year of 2008 part of my resolution list is to try to figure out how I can give back to the world. I'm a firm believer that you only get as much as what you put in. Call it what you want - karma, the golden rule, etc. I like to call it common sense. I admire people that live by these beliefs and really mean it. Not just believe it, they put it into action. They talk the talk AND walk the walk. Okay, I'll stop. I think you get the idea.

Anyway, I think I've found a small way that I can make an impact. Growing up, I've always been shy. I was the girl that was too scared to raise my hand in class or speak up. I would finally get up the nerve somewhere near the end of the school year because it was only then that I felt comfortable to say a word in front of a group of people. Things have changed since then. Thanks to VENT, I've found a part of myself that I never thought would be part of my personality. I found a love for speaking. I know, who would've thought? Well actually, it might've only surprised me.

My goal: teach the things that they don't teach you in school: life, love, money, business, etc. I want to introduce my peers that can also be an inspiration to many. I want people (especially the college bound generation) to maybe see the world in a different way. I love to inspire and I love being inspired. I think this might be my way.

Keep an eye out for it, "A Dreamer's Guide to Life." Podcasts and YouTube videos will be coming soon.

No comments: