Thursday, February 4, 2010

It's Me: Kissa w/ a Re-invention

So 2010, so far, has been what I like to call "eh." Everyone has struggles and just like everyone I've got a handful of my own. I'm taking everything with a grain of salt and trying to work every day toward the dream I like to call "my life." I'm a dreamer after all right? So here's what's in store:

After much self-contemplation and evaluation I've decided I'm in a rut. I need to re-invent myself, keep things interesting. I need that x-factor, that extra something that's missing. So on my road to re-invention, I've decided to get educated among other things. :)

1. Hopefully this Spring I will be working toward something new, something exciting. Helping me not only with my personal re-invention but also further my education in something I really do enjoy: BUSINESS.

2. I used to be so afraid of what people think. I still am in certain ways, but not as much as before and I have my re-invention to thank. During the time that I starting really looking at myself in a different perspective I told myself that I needed to take off the rose colored glasses. See what I liked about myself and what I didn't like about myself. See what I was willing to change and not willing to change. And let's face it, this is never an easy task. But I needed to get past that. I had to realize that what I see is what I get and if I wanted to change anything it's better now than later. The more I put it off, the more difficult it'll be for me to change. So I took a deep breath, and here I am.

3. Every bride...well not every, but many of us...want to lose weight before their wedding right? I'm no different. My family has a history of health problems and since I was a little kid I've been fighting to keep those problems away. It's sad for me to say but I realized that after a certain time in my life, my appearance didn't seem to matter much to me anymore. I wouldn't wear make up unless needed, in college I'd roll out of bed and wear sweats to class, and mind you, I love getting dressed up...or at least I used to. So I have decided that I will begin my quest for a healthy and attractive lifestyle.

I know people think I must be crazy for adding more onto my plate, but new things make it exciting. In my opinion re-invention is just a part of life. We live in a world where we move fast, rely on technology, and the concept of "the next big thing" is hanging in the balance. For me, keeping up with that momentum that the world is running on is so much fun and it's what makes it so interesting. The world is changing right before our eyes, let's do it too. Let's do it by doing the things we've always wanted to do, by not wishing and hoping and actually taking action, by seeing the best of ourselves and working hard to be just that. The rest will just fall into place, right?

No comments: