Wednesday, February 17, 2010

D&G Wedding: At Last

I know I'm late on posting this. 6 months after their wedding and I'm finally writing about the famous D&G. Why do I say famous?! They had the biggest wedding I've planned to date. Over 300 people!

All of the clients (and later friends) I make from planning weddings is nothing short of a blessing. I have been fortunate to work with amazing people, both vendors and clients. These guys are no different. Deb, George, Charlie, and I have become friends after all their wedding planning and I couldn't have been more lucky to meet them. You've got to see what kind of wedding extravaganza they had! For their take on the wedding day and all that took place, take a look at their amazing website: www.dgatlast.com

The day started off with Deb and George at separate locations: Deb being a the Mac headquarters in El Segundo and George at their hotel in Downtown LA, minutes away from their ceremony location.



The day quickly went by and here I am on the way to the Cathedral in Downtown LA to set up, drop off flowers, and get the first festivities of the day going! This Cathedral is an architectural gem, what a beautiful sight to see. It definitely takes your breath away. Their ceremony was beautiful. Seeing Deb walking down the aisle was breathtaking. I always get teary-eyed when that moment happens. I could feel the mood of the room and looking at George as he saw his soon-to-be wife walking toward him in that beautiful dress...you can just tell he didn't want to be anywhere but in front of that alter and waiting for her to reach him.



These 2 know how to throw a party! The reception was one to remember. Nothing but eye candy everywhere you look. The CBS Studios in Studio City was the perfect setting. After the photos at the Cathedral, they made their way down the 101 freeway on their super rad double-decker bus! And yes, you heard me, I said RAD. :) With a few photo ops on the bus and all over the CBS set, these guys were anxious to get the party started! Did I mention that these guys worked the camera?!




While they took a few photo ops at other sets at the studio, the guests began to arrive and what a sight for them to see! The "New York Street" set was the setting of many shows such as CSI and Seinfeld and their out of town guests as well as the local guests were completely blown away! So many details, so many personal touches, so beautiful! Deb even wrote a song for George and used it for their same day edit.





Congratulations D&G. I'm happy to call you friends. Thank you for letting me and Daydreamer Events be a part of your wedding day!

Vendors to boast about:
Photography - Ja Tecson Photography
Videography - Red 5 Studios
Cake and Dessert - Ninong's Pastries & Cafe
Reception Music - April Velasco Band
Catering - Pearl Oriental Restaurant
Ceremony - Cathedral of Our Lady of the Angeles
Reception - CBS Radford Studio
Ceremony Flowers - Joji Rose
Rentals - Modern Party Rentals

1 comment:

iJIGGAJOHN said...

I love this wedding ate, it sure does blow me away...And only makes me so much more excited for yours & Charlies! I love you two...