Tuesday, January 12, 2010

Happy New Year! New Year, New Life

Ok, I know. It's already the 12th and I'm only now greeting everyone a happy new year. But to my defense lots has been happening in the past few months. With that being said, forgive me? :)

The year has started and I'm ready for it. This year I can tell is going to begin an upward climb for myself, but also for many other people. And I'm happy to say it! I've already begun to make things happen, but have been praying for continued guidance. And boy am I getting a response! So far, 2010 has been treating me well and I'm very thankful for the positivity around me. It definitely keeps me going.

This past Friday was my mom's birthday. We didn't get to celebrate like we normally do. My mom loves to be a great hostess (I guess that's where I get my party planning skills from). We normally throw a little get together at our house and have the family over, but with the shop being open and all the hard work that she does on top of that we had to have our own little celebration with just immediate family. As a tradition, we always make noodles as a sign of long life so we all had some for my mom.


Mom, happy birthday. You're a beautiful woman: strong, giving, motivated, hard-working, and loving. I hope to be just as wonderful as you are one day. I know that many of the traits I take pride in are from you. Learning from you and seeing how hard you work motivates me to do the same. I love you.

One of my groomsmen, Ray, also shares my mom's birthday. I've only known this guy for almost 4 years, but he's one of those people that I feel like I've known forever. Ray was actually the first person (besides my parents and Charlie's parents) that found out Charlie and I were engaged. Ray Ray, happy birthday. You're a shining light to everyone that you meet. You've always been a great person to look to for guidance, loyalty, a shoulder to cry on, a good laugh, and so much more. Thank you for being such a great friend. I pray for you every day.


I found out on Christmas Eve from one of Ray's best friends that he was admitted to the hospital. A few days later, we discovered he was sick and had leukemia. It hit many of us very hard. Such a wonderful person now battling this horrible disease. I know many of you out there know the feeling. Those that know someone or is battling any type of cancer knows the every day battles. I now know 2 people (and families) that have suffered from the disease of leukemia.

Ray's brother with the help of family and friends is throwing multiple events, first being "A Ray of Hope Bone Marrow Donation Drive." For those interested in becoming a donor, not just for our friend Ray but for anyone suffering you can easily register with the National Marrow Donor Registry.

To all those that celebrate another year of their life, happy birthday. It's such a blessing to be alive. I am grateful for everyone's presence in my life and pray for your continued presence every day. I wouldn't be the same person without you.

No comments: