Sunday, January 3, 2010

Glancing Back at 2009

I believe that if you don't learn from the past, the future isn't going to be much different. There's no improvement without a little reflection and action. After this personal reflection, I am definitely making some meaningful resolutions for the upcoming year. 2009 was a year of roller coasters for me, but I'm more than blessed to be alive, healthy, and in the presence of love from my family and friends. God has been truly good to me. So, my dear 2009, thanks for everything. These memories will bring everlasting gratitude and warmth to my heart.


First and foremost, this has been quite a year of transitions. This year, I resigned from my position of Administrative Director for VENT Dance Group. It was a very difficult decision for me to make as the people that have been, are still, and will be part of this group remain near and dear to my heart. Relinquishing control is something very difficult for me to do, especially with this group. The success of the team and the success of the individuals that have come and gone means very much to me. I have learned so much from being a leader and dancer for this group and I am very grateful. I now hold the proud title of "Advisor" and will forever love this team, my family. You guys have made the past 3+ years of my life fun, exciting, and rewarding. I'm looking forward to continually being part of your lives and the future of our team.


October 2009 completes that 1 year anniversary of the opening of Ninong's Pastries & Cafe. My parents and family own this little shop in Granada Hills. We have invested our time and money because we believe we have something good to offer the public. The bakery has definitely brought my family closer and I am so thankful for this blessing. It's a dream come true for my family and I'm so happy we are living it. With time and dedication, I know the success for my family and our little bakery will pay off. I love you all very much!

In 2009, I have been blessed with new, existing, and old friends. I've reunited with some, gotten closer to some, and even drifted apart from a few. Regardless of our current status, you are all still my friends and I value everyone's friendship.


On April 1, 2009, Charlie and I celebrated our 5 year anniversary. And shortly after that, we got engaged (as my blog, twitter, and FB followers already know)! I am a very, very lucky girl to have found such a wonderful person to love. He has made my days brighter, my smiles bigger, and my heart beat faster. I'm so thankful for his selflessness, understanding, faith, and overwhelming love. Being engaged to Charlie has made me the happiest I've ever been and I owe it all to him.

Life wouldn't be complete without its downs, and I am also very thankful for these blessings in disguise. Every day has its own ups and downs, some bigger than others. Because of the lessons I've learned in the past years, I've learned to take them in stride. Continue to live on, be a student of God, always believe that there's a plan. You just have to believe that it's there.

Dear 2010, I look forward to what you have to bring: good or bad. Please be as kind as possible, though. :) I'll be speaking with you again shortly.

No comments: