Thursday, October 1, 2009

Happy Birthday Daddy!



Yup, I'll admit it. I've been a Daddy's Girl right from the start. He used to take me along to his rally races and pick me up in either his beautiful 20B RX7 or his beat up lancer. He used to let me "work" on his car; which basically meant me having a tool in my hand and just twiddling with the roll cage, steering wheel, or something that wouldn't really hurt me back. Those were the fondest memories I had with my dad.

I got my entrepreneurial and common business sense from him. He was always very supportive about my career dreams and goals. When I told him that I wanted to go to art school, he didn't flinch and supported my decision. He always wanted to know what I had to say about business and even asked for my advice. Knowing that he cared about my opinion despite my age showed me that he knew his daughter was on the right track. Maybe not there yet, but on the right track.

Like any dad with an only child, only daughter for that matter, he spoiled me. He gave me almost anything and everything I ever wanted. If I ever wanted anything, his motto was to "might as well get the top of the line if you're going to spend the money." He introduced and bought be my dream car. Actually, my dream car was exactly that because of his influence. With all these things that he did buy me, he still showed me the value of a dollar. He taught me that with high hopes, fearless dreams, and preparation you can reap the rewards of your hard work. That showed in his cars. Apparently, he's quite involved in the car scene and has even been featured online, in magazines, and won a handful of car shows.

Daddy, today's post is dedicated to you. You're a wonderful Father, Husband, Brother, Son, and Ninong. I love you very much and thank you for everything you do for me.

Here are some of my Dad's other babies. :)

Check out my dad's RS200 replica at 1:50



Photo sources: Speedhunters.com, 3rotor.com,

No comments: