Wednesday, July 8, 2009

RIP: The King


I actually feel like this is late, since he passed away a few weeks ago. I guess now is when I'm ready to write about it. Watching the memorial yesterday probably helped a bit too.

I'm going to do my best to not say what everyone else has (he's the greatest entertainer that ever lived, he will be missed, condolences, etc). But that will obviously be difficult due to my feeling of desolation and contemplation. I guess I'll just try to keep that section short. I'll just say that the first song I remember was "ABC 123" because of my Dad. It's amazing to me how MJ effected the lives of my Dad, my older cousins, me, and my younger cousins through his music. I still remember the performance I saw that made me respect him more than an entertainer. Everyone I talk to remembers Michael Jackson for Thriller, Billy Jean, Beat It, his Jackson 5 days, etc. But no, not me. Though as a dancer myself, I of course loved his talent in all those numbers and all his performances, that goes without saying. But what I remember most is his performance at the Super Bowl singing "Heal the World." Why? I'm not quite sure. I just remember that I saw true care for young people, old people, the world, and everything in between in his performance. I really respected that about him. He put others before himself many times. He was very selfless and giving, something I aspire to be.

Michael, millions pray for you and miss you. I guess I'm just another one of those million lives you touched. A person like you puts me in awe. What an amazing feat to be respected, admired, and loved by so many people by doing what you love. You bring people together from all walks of life, you inspire me to be a great person and to give 100% in everything I do. Thank you.

No comments: