Wednesday, June 24, 2009

Technology and Events -- Part I

I wrote an article about 2 years ago about technology and weddings. I honestly can't believe that in that short amount of time there are now even more technological avenues to utilize. As a business owner and being involved in the wedding/event industry, it's exciting how the world of technology is having a direct effect on things in the bubble I call my life.

As a business woman, I believe you have to keep up and be resourceful. I'm a technology geek (not full blown, but pretty interested). Technology is quite different even from a few years ago and the internet has been such a useful resource to me. Because of the internet, I can connect with friends that I haven't seen/heard from in years, I can keep in contact with family and friends all over the world, and they can keep up with me. The endless ability to reach people far and wide is jaw dropping. Here are just some of the things that I've seen or am a part of.

Blogger. (of course)


Those are the ones just off the top of my head. There are so many more, and that's just for my business/event planning life. Why is this important you ask? It may not be. But to "techies" like myself, it's a way to stay connected and to put a face on a company. I've never been one to impose my services or personality on anyone, but if someone is interested I'm not afraid to share a little bit of myself with another person. I'm a pretty open book. I believe in making a connection with people and I believe one of the only ways to do that is to share some of yourself. I guess that's why I'm in the business that I'm in.

What's important to me is to establish a personality for my company. I want everyone to know that with my company, comes my style, persona, quirks, and all. In a business like mine, working with different personalities is a way for me to further discover things about myself. The challenge of getting to know a person and understanding their likes and dislikes is exactly why I believe that personality is so important.

A website can show a little bit about you, but isn't as personal as a blog, or a profile. Through the evolution of websites, I feel that a company website is just meant to brush the surface and give enough information to intrigue. With social networking, I feel like you can get a taste of what I'm about, and hopefully because or despite those things you find out about me, you can make a decision.

No comments: